5.Awareness of Internet security and computer viruses
- There are still some unsafe factors on the World Wide Web (WWW), also known as the Internet. You shall be aware that any information transmitted between you and this Website may be intercepted or modified by a third party.
- ITRI is cautious in maintaining the security of this Website, but it will not warrant materials transmitted from this Website to be absolutely free from computer viruses or other defects.
6. On-line privacy protection
- ITRI will carefully use the personal information you submit to this Website. Such information will be used by ITRI for the sole purpose of providing better services to you.
- To have a better understanding of your needs, this Website, through a service hotline or some functions on a webpage, may ask you to provide additional personal data, including your name, address, and telephone number. You may also choose not to obtain any information from this Website.
- Please do not send any confidential information to this Website. Any information you do send to ITRI through this Website will be deemed NOT to be confidential ("Non-Confidential Information"). For any Non-Confidential Information you do send, you hereby grant ITRI an unrestricted, royalty-free, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute the Non-Confidential Information, and agree that ITRI is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send ITRI for any purpose whatsoever without compensation to you or any other person sending the Non-Confidential Information. Every question and problem sent to this Website may be submitted to relevant technical sectors of ITRI for proper answers.
- This Website will not give your personal data to any other firm or individual without your prior permission. If there is a need to provide you with particular services, such as customer support services or print materials as you require, ITRI is entitled to give your name and delivery address to a third party, such as a shipping company.
7. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
If there is any controversy arising from or in connection with this legal notice, you agree that this legal notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of R.O.C. except for its rules regarding conflict of laws, and you further agree to choose the Hsinchu District Court of R.O.C, as the first instance court.