In response to the global trend of precision medicine, ITRI has designed a liquid biopsy for lung cancer based on only one syringe of blood. Standard procedures require blood centrifugation immediately after sampling the blood, and the sample must be preserved in the refrigerator. In contrast, ITRI’s liquid biopsy can extract high-quality cell-free DNA and allow for two-week storage at room temperature after blood collection. The liquid biopsy system includes an IVD (in vitrodiagnostic device) kit and a machine which automatically diagnoses gene mutation of EGFR (epidermal growth factor receptor) indicating lung cancer.
Applications & Benefits
ITRI’s liquid biopsy technology is comparable with similar worldclass products but is less time-consuming and even more accurate because it adds testing for an eighth mutation. The introduction of this system has aligned manufacturers of components and modules, reagents, and machinery to form a supply chain for the precision diagnosis industry.
One-Stop Biomedical Services
- Listing Regulations Consulting: FDA/TFDA/CE application, medical device verification/export, medical device/medicine registration, IRB document organization, clinical trial application, and more.
- Technology Transfer: Bio-IT, diagnostics and precision medicine technology, regeneration medicine technology, natural medicine and healthcare technology, targeted drug and delivery technology.
- Model Translation: Domestic supply chain linkage, medical device design control, market analysis, strategy analysis of regulation in commercialization, and more.
- Preclinical / Clinical Trial: Functional safety assessments, clinical research organization linkage, clinical evaluation and analysis, clinical trial planning, clinical trial analysis and reports.
- Other Services: Quality system consulting, commercialization consulting, smart health solutions, software validation, medical device risk management, information security risk evaluation, technical documents preparation, business ecosystem linkage, and more.