ITRI has worked to convert CO2 into an effective carbon source for biological metabolism through carbon sequestration technology. Cultivation of Haematococcus Pluvialis microalgae, which are a rich source of astaxanthin, has been introduced to successfully turn waste material into a valuable resource.
Applications & Benefits
Astaxanthin extracted from Haematococcus Pluvialis can be used in medical cosmetic products, health foods, and drug development. Researchers have verified that astaxanthin has an anti-aging effect and can both protect neurons against Alzheimer’s disease and ease retinopathy. Haematococcus Pluvialis is also combined with local Hualien materials to develop unique kinds of Maqaw (mountain pepper corns), soba noodles, and shichimi spice. The development of these diverse products has helped traditional industries pioneer new opportunities and move towards a green economy, thus assisting them with their corporate social responsibilities.
One-Stop Biomedical Services
- Listing Regulations Consulting: FDA/TFDA/CE application, medical device verification/export, medical device/medicine registration, IRB document organization, clinical trial application, and more.
- Technology Transfer: Bio-IT, diagnostics and precision medicine technology, regeneration medicine technology, natural medicine and healthcare technology, targeted drug and delivery technology.
- Model Translation: Domestic supply chain linkage, medical device design control, market analysis, strategy analysis of regulation in commercialization, and more.
- Preclinical / Clinical Trial: Functional safety assessments, clinical research organization linkage, clinical evaluation and analysis, clinical trial planning, clinical trial analysis and reports.
- Other Services: Quality system consulting, commercialization consulting, smart health solutions, software validation, medical device risk management, information security risk evaluation, technical documents preparation, business ecosystem linkage, and more.