ITRI has developed the Image-Guided High Intensity Focused Ultrasound System for lipolysis. This radiation-free system enables the visualization of subcutaneous fat thickness, using a high-intensity focused ultrasound probe to break down subcutaneous fat in a noninvasive way. The thermal energy causes collagen to shrink, thus achieving the effects of skin lift and lipolysis. The maximum power of the system is 60 J/cm2. A 3-axis image-guided system is introduced to visualize subcutaneous fat thickness. Based on these images, the focal depth of the high intensity probe can be adjusted to carry out lipolysis within a depth range of 0.5 cm to 4 cm.
Applications & Benefits
In addition to providing body sculpturing and lipolysis treatments in accordance with different body shapes and fat thicknesses, the system can also be used in skin lift to expand the ultrasonic industry into the aesthetic medicine market, improving the competitiveness of Taiwan’s aesthetic medicine technology.
One-Stop Biomedical Services
- Listing Regulations Consulting: FDA/TFDA/CE application, medical device verification/export, medical device/medicine registration, IRB document organization, clinical trial application, and more.
- Technology Transfer: Bio-IT, diagnostics and precision medicine technology, regeneration medicine technology, natural medicine and healthcare technology, targeted drug and delivery technology.
- Model Translation: Domestic supply chain linkage, medical device design control, market analysis, strategy analysis of regulation in commercialization, and more.
- Preclinical / Clinical Trial: Functional safety assessments, clinical research organization linkage, clinical evaluation and analysis, clinical trial planning, clinical trial analysis and reports.
- Other Services: Quality system consulting, commercialization consulting, smart health solutions, software validation, medical device risk management, information security risk evaluation, technical documents preparation, business ecosystem linkage, and more.