ITRI's Open Lab was established in 1996 and has served over 350 companies since. More than 10,000 people have become ITRI residents through Open Lab/Incubator projects. Currently, we have 78 tenant companies with 1,100 people as a part of the ITRI Open Lab project. ITRI has fostered the development of more than 273 startups with an accumulated paid-in capital of more than NT$63.4 billion.
Among these new enterprises, 49 entered Hsinchu Science Park in Taiwan after graduating and 29 filed for IPOs. We possess abundant R&D assets and strengths as well as venture capital resources, which are able to support the development of Information and Communications, Electronics and Optoelectronics, Medical Device and Biomedical, Mechanical and Systems Technology, Green Energy and Energy and Environment, Medical Device and Biotechnology, Material, Chemical and Nanotechnology. These capabilities are the result of the firm synergy between ITRI’s R&D centers and laboratories.
- High occupancy rate: From 79%(2009) to 98%(2013) and remained higher than 90% for 3 years (2011-2017)
- Accumulated invested capital of incubated firms: US$2.14 billion.
- Accumulated number of jobs created: more than 20,000.
- IPO rate of incubatees: 10%.
- Number of incubation graduates that gained approval to set up at the Science Park: 49.
- Fundraising: $40 million Fund Raising in 2015 by TechVenture Capital Acceleration Program.
- Excellent acquired investment: Qualcomm bought Pixtronix Co. for US$170 million and anti-virus company Kaspersky-Titan invested US$1 million in Arc Corp.