While a solid bone screw easily triggers rejection and prolongs recovery, BioMS-Ti uses 3D-printed biomimetic materials and structures with high strength and porosity to cater to both tissue growth and biomechanical needs. This innovation can improve osseointegration and soft-hard tissue integration after tendon and ligament injuries as the microscopic holes of the cannulated screw can facilitate the growth of bone and tendon/ligament tissues.
Applications & Benefits
In vivo studies have shown that BioMS-Ti can rapidly repair hard and soft tissue in the animal model of shoulder rotator cuff repair and knee anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. This technology was an R&D 100 Award winner in 2021.
One-Stop Biomedical Services
- Listing Regulations Consulting: FDA/TFDA/CE application, medical device verification/export, medical device/medicine registration, IRB document organization, clinical trial application, and more.
- Technology Transfer: Bio-IT, diagnostics and precision medicine technology, regeneration medicine technology, natural medicine and healthcare technology, targeted drug and delivery technology.
- Model Translation: Domestic supply chain linkage, medical device design control, market analysis, strategy analysis of regulation in commercialization, and more.
- Preclinical/Clinical Trial: Functional safety assessments, clinical research organization linkage, clinical evaluation and analysis, clinical trial planning, clinical trial analysis and reports.
- Other Services: Quality system consulting, commercialization consulting, smart health solutions, software validation, medical device risk management, information security risk evaluation, technical documents preparation, business ecosystem linkage, and more.