Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease which causes chronic inflammatory skin lesions. When the disease is severe, patients may lose their ability to function in everyday life. The disease affects approximately 2-3% of the world’s population. The most common drug treatment for psoriasis involves the use of steroids; however, long-term steroid use can be a burden on the human body. Clinical research on the non-steroid plant-based psoriasis drug PTB323X developed by ITRI shows that it can effectively improve psoriasis skin inflammation treatment in animals without causing skinrelated side effects.
The development of this new drug utilized ITRI’s plant-based drug technology platform, which provides information on a range of factors from medicinal materials and medical effect research to toxicology and pharmacokinetic tests. The drug provides a safer and effective non-steroid drug solution that can reduce psoriasis-like inflammation and desquamation of animal skin. PTB323X can also inhibit skin keratinization. Its curative effect is superior to clinically used vitamin D derivatives, without the increase in blood calcium which is the side effect of clinical medicine. This drug passed TFDA human clinical trials in 2020, and patents have been applied for in Taiwan, the US, China, the EU, and Japan.
Applications & Benefits
- Utilizing ITRI’s plant-based drug technology platform, which provides information on a range of factors from medicinal materials and medical effect research to toxicology and pharmacokinetic tests.
- Providing a safer and effective non-steroid drug solution that can reduce psoriasis-like inflammation and desquamation of animal skin.
One-Stop Biomedical Services
- Listing Regulations Consulting: FDA/TFDA/CE application, medical device verification/export, medical device/medicine registration, IRB document organization, clinical trial application, and more.
- Technology Transfer: Bio-IT, diagnostics and precision medicine technology, regeneration medicine technology, natural medicine and healthcare technology, targeted drug and delivery technology.
- Model Translation: Domestic supply chain linkage, medical device design control, market analysis, strategy analysis of regulation in commercialization, and more.
- Preclinical / Clinical Trial: Functional safety assessments, clinical research organization linkage, clinical evaluation and analysis, clinical trial planning, clinical trial analysis and reports.
- Other Services: Quality system consulting, commercialization consulting, smart health solutions, software validation, medical device risk management, information security risk evaluation, technical documents preparation, business ecosystem linkage, and more.