The landscape of cancer treatment has dramatically changed over the last decade with the advent of immunotherapy, especially the immune checkpoint inhibitors (ICIs). However, the major bottleneck of immune checkpoint blockade therapy lies in its low response rate in most cancers. The success rate of the treatment only ranges between 10% and 30%. Recently, intratumoral injection of TLR9 agonists (nucleic acid drug) has shown promising results in immune checkpoint inhibitors refractory cancer, but it’s limited to the superficial cancers. ITRI has developed a novel spherical nucleic acid TLR9 agonist (TLR9 SNA) by intravenous administration (no surgery required) for deep site tumors such as metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) and breast cancer.
- Features of SNA Technology
- Prevent nucleic acid degradation
- Enhance cell uptake
- Target tissue delivery
- 80~100% complete remission in multiple tumor model
- Induce specific immune-memory effects
- Intravenous administration, no surgery required
- Low immunotoxicity risk
Applications & Benefits
1. Apply to immune checkpoint inhibitors refractory cancers
2. Apply to deep-site tumor treatment (e.g. Colon, Breast)
3. Have the potential for nucleic acid delivery and vaccine adjuvant
Other superior PD results
Metastatic Colon Cancer
- 90% complete remission in CT26 model
- 100% complete remission in EMT6 model
One-Stop Biomedical Services
- Listing Regulations Consulting: FDA/TFDA/CE application, medical device verification/export, medical device/medicine registration, IRB document organization, clinical trial application, and more.
- Technology Transfer: Bio-IT, diagnostics and precision medicine technology, regeneration medicine technology, natural medicine and healthcare technology, targeted drug and delivery technology.
- Model Translation: Domestic supply chain linkage, medical device design control, market analysis, strategy analysis of regulation in commercialization, and more.
- Preclinical/Clinical Trial: Functional safety assessments, clinical research organization linkage, clinical evaluation and analysis, clinical trial planning, clinical trial analysis and reports.
- Other Services: Quality system consulting, commercialization consulting, smart health solutions, software validation, medical device risk management, information security risk evaluation, technical documents preparation, business ecosystem linkage, and more.