Electrical impedance tomography (EIT) is a non-invasive and radiation-free medical imaging technique providing continuous real-time regional lung aeration. Thus, EIT is regarded as a promising imaging technology for long-term monitoring of lungs. However, there are some disadvantages of most commercially available EIT systems. Firstly, they tend to be bulky and expensive. Moreover, the use of general electrodes may cause discomfort and increase the risk of skin injuries during long-term measurements. Lastly, the conductive gel applied between electrodes and the skin may volatilize easily after long-term use, compromising signal quality. To solve these problems, ITRI developed a portable EIT system, using textile electrodes directly integrated into a clothing belt for EIT lung imaging without conductive gel.
- Portable Electrical Impedance Tomography
- Wearable Textile Electrode
- Dry Electrode
- Portable System
- Wearable Electrode
- Belt Design
Applications & Benefits
- Chest Medicine
- Intensive Care Unit
- Nursing Home
One-Stop Biomedical Services
- Listing Regulations Consulting: FDA/TFDA/CE application, medical device verification/export, medical device/medicine registration, IRB document organization, clinical trial application, and more.
- Technology Transfer: Bio-IT, diagnostics and precision medicine technology, regeneration medicine technology, natural medicine and healthcare technology, targeted drug and delivery technology.
- Model Translation: Domestic supply chain linkage, medical device design control, market analysis, strategy analysis of regulation in commercialization, and more.
- Preclinical/Clinical Trial: Functional safety assessments, clinical research organization linkage, clinical evaluation and analysis, clinical trial planning, clinical trial analysis and reports.
- Other Services: Quality system consulting, commercialization consulting, smart health solutions, software validation, medical device risk management, information security risk evaluation, technical documents preparation, business ecosystem linkage, and more.