ITRI’s Berlin office was inaugurated in 1996. It initiates and streamlines cooperation with European R&D and innovation stakeholders. Starting with the machinery industry as its major focus, its scope has expanded to application domains such as smart manufacturing, ambient-assisted living, green ICT, renewable energy, healthcare services, and other cross-disciplinary innovations. Our goal is to combine Taiwan’s ICT strength and commercialization speed with Europe’s innovation system and human-centered design approach to result in win-win collaborations. Hand in hand with Europe, we act as a bridge to facilitate research, development, and innovation (RDI) collaboration in tackling societal challenges while promoting economic growth in a smart, sustainable, and inclusive way.
Mission & Vision
Synergizing the respective strengths of the European and Taiwanese industry and innovation communities to achieve common goals.
- Representing ITRI in Europe
- Suggesting strategic plans for the Taiwanese Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA) for its R&D engagement in Europe
- Supporting the execution of MOEA’s industrial and institutional collaborative projects
- Serving as a platform to bridge European and Taiwanese industry
- Assist Taiwanese companies and R&D institutions in joining European precompetitive research projects
- Support development of bi- and multilateral commercialization projects
- Consult on IP utilization in and with Taiwan
- Facilitate contract research
In charge: Mr. Milton Deng, ITRI European Representative
ITRI Berlin Office
7 OG., Hohenzollerndamm 187, 10713 Berlin, Germany
Contact window: Ms. Hui-ching Chien